We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today. Our practice is dedicated to helping our patients recover from all types of injuries and surgeries. Our goal is for you to get better and back to your normal activities.
Before Your First Visit
- For shoulder conditions, wear a tank top or camisole to your visit.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card, a prescription for therapy, and a photo ID
- Bring any brace, splint, or support with you that you have used for your condition.
- Make a list of questions and concerns you would like to discuss with your therapist.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your occupational therapist for the initial evaluation
- During the evaluation, your hand therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Your occupational therapist will also answer any questions you may have about therapy and your condition. Open communication helps us get you better.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule a series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist and physician. We offer many convenient appointment times.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery